I was tagged by Evenspor for the Happy 101 award. (Thank you! 😉 I’m excited ’cause it’s the first time I’ve played tag since I became an adult! Or received a blog award! 🙂
So, what you’re supposed to do is list ten things that make you happy…
1.Van and truck loads of stuff being taken to Goodwill. (I swear my house still looks stuffed to the rafters. But! The basement is nearly empty! Dern kids just won’t get in the back of the truck.. 😉 )
2. Coke. I LOVE Coke. I’m so addicted to it too. I can’t have just one glass. If I have access…yeah…that 2 Liter will be GONE! So…I avoid taking 1 drink and just gaze longingly at Ben’s if he forgets and orders one when we go out to eat.
3.Snow! I know you DC people have like 3 feet, but I love it! I grew up in West Virginia where 2 feet dumped in one night was the norm. I miss good snow. I love all the trees covered in good packin’ snow.
4. Chai tea (with vanilla), lots of sugar and soy milk. Since becoming allergic to soy while I was pregnant with Sunshine I’ve missed my chai teas. Rice milk just isn’t the same and dude…coconut milk has no right being near my chai tea.
5. Witnessing a birth. There is nothing more special than being present when the Universe makes room for another being.
6. When Ben comes up behind me, wraps me in his arms and for a moment makes me feel tiny and fragile, like I’m the most important thing in the world. It’s a heady feeling.
7. The kids. They make me a better person. With each of their births they have taught me a lesson and blessed me with the strength that comes from the beginning of time.
8. Days when Tyler’s sensory issues are just knocked out of the park. Days where it’s a bam,blam,ka-pow!
We’re doing well and Tyler’s a happy kid on a new sensory diet.
9. Labels. Labels on bins, baskets, drawers and doors (not kids) make me happy. I love all things label…label makers, labeling software, making labels, needing to label…I love it. It’s a beautiful thing! I’ve labeled so much that my Brother Label maker actually died on me! I’m so sad too ’cause with all this thinning out I have to reorganize the few baby clothes I’ve kept, and I haven’t been through the holiday stuff yet. I’m getting rid of the crap my MIL gives us every year. What part of us says ‘Yes, please give us a bunch of plastic crap that doesn’t fit in our lives. (I mean do I give them natural cleaners? Nope I give a gift card to the local meat haven.) Though I’m keeping the baby ornaments she got us. (I’m not that mean as to get rid of those.)
10. Me. I make me happy. I know that when the day is done the only person responsible for my own happiness is myself. And, I think keeping it simple will always make me happy.
Here are the 10 that I’m tagging and it is
1.Chasing Cheerios was one of the first blogs I stared following. I love reading about how she does things with her mom that enrich her children’s lives. I actually live vicariously through her blog because my mom was very crafty & such. If Mommy had lived long enough she would be doing the same things. (She died, when I was 3 months along with Tyler, of Cancer.)
2.Montessori Mom Links of the Day The unschooler in me loves aking everything about that topic/like LOVES this woman. Also, the simplicity of having someone else put together this very cool compilation of TONS of themes….and all Monte friendly.
3. Montessori Mama She was my first. I’ve saved every single page of her blog and just poored over it because it is simply so inspiring & supportive & gentle. I actually sometimes wonder if she’s even solid/human. The woman is so calm & gentle, so light I really think she’s a ghost 🙂 . Her paper crafts inspire me, the peace you see upon her face, the children as they go about, the IDEAs she has…just have a special spot in my heart for Ms. Jennifer’s works.
4.Homemade Montessori While the site is no longer updated since her children’s education went in another direction the woman has some mad skills. I love all her botany cards. I find them beautiful, in depth & realistic since they’re well…realistic. 😉 This blog is chock full of downloady goodness.
5. Mi Escuelita Montessori Ok now this site I love because well it’s bilingual. I get to practice all my high school Spanish (so much for being fluent & who ever said it’s like riding a bike & it’s come back was full of it! My bike needs new tires, the chain oiled, de-rusted & painted….but at least I’m ‘remembering’ & getting it s.l.o.w.l.y back.) But she does an above/below post so if you can’t read Spanish you can still get the post. Her daughter is young & it helps me to prepare for Sunshine since Tyler & Rhea were not Monte’d as preschoolers/toddlers.
6. My Montessori Journey (She also has Random Acts of Reading and A Day of Wonders which are also my favs but this way I can sneak in an extra two blogs by combining hers!) Ok…she’s another that I cyberstalked in the beginning. I would download every page of her blog to read over once I got home. I LOVE how her mind works. I actually copied her office monthly organizer but I feel such a kinship in the dump & sort system. She has it all…how to do a room, ideas, pretties, ideas, ideas & did I tell you she has ideas? I just want to go and observe her or be her assistant. OWH! Just had an amazing idea!!!! I’ll tell you later….
7. Sew Liberated She’s so peaceful, serene & I enjoy coming to look to see ways I can make our home more serene. Her wee one is an infant but I see lovely ideas to incorporate into the house. And, I am ever so greatful for her aprons & tutes. If I remember right she started out as a Montessori teacher but it’s hard to keep all these people I’ve never met straight but again…my happy moment with her is very zen like happy.
8. Montessori Spanish is like “Holy Metal Batman!” awesome. She’s taking her Elementary training, teaching her children Spanish Monte style at home & they attend a Monte school during the day. I love getting ideas, seeing what I can do & learning with her blog. She’s having a little “Bean” so I’m sure she’ll be adding some lovely infant ideas sometime in the next few months.
…shesh..between ‘Liberated & Monte Spanish & Mi Esculita I see I’ve got the baby itch…..
9. Cultivating Dharma is no longer active, but it has some REALLY nice timelines & scripts for you. Again…free downloads. And is that ever unwelcome?
10. Wildflowers & Marbles There is something about her. When I read her site (check out her posts about organization of the learning room…yeah…grab a bib ’cause it’s yummy.) you feel mothered or walked gently along the path. Perhaps it’s all the religious posts but as someone who isn’t Catholic I have to say she has a touch of Mary in her if you ask me. I can truly see a home that’s gentle, Monte friendly & a support to the children’s spirit. So..unless you’re athiest…well even if, just ignore the religious stuff & enjoy the peace & the beautiful organized simple home/learning room.
Well, sorry gals for this SO LATE post. Ever since we started getting some snow internet has been about as flakey as my front yard 😉 …get it? flakey? like snow flakes! hehe! yes, I just giggled for real there. ;)…. So here’s hoping it finally publishes! And, thank you Evanspor. I appreciate the tag.