Well mamma’s…it’s FINALLY done!! All the swaps have arrived and nearly all have been mailed out. This swap was my first Montessori swap and let me say that craft swaps where it’s just an items for each person is SO different than a bag and box of bunches of stuffs! 🙂
There were two groups. Two because well…I HATE coming in on a blog and it’s full and no one makes room….no room for Rory! So, when there was more…I had to open a second. I took the Arctic and Antarctic with both groups as I’m lazy and it’s easier to make the same thing over again! 😉 It was actually the last picked from group 1 as I had a first come first pick yo’ own continent…or area. I divided Central America and Canada and even divided Eastern and Western Europe up into their own areas as there’s such a big difference in my opinion concerning the culture, animals, people, and language. So…they were all divided up even more.
So, group 1 consisted of….
- me with the Arctic/Antarctica
- Sara H. had Canada
- Leann at Montessori Tidbits had USA
- Annie H. had Central America
- Melanie has South America
- Aly at Power of Two had Africa
- Colleen at Sunrise Learning Lab had Asia
- Sandra M. had Eastern Europe
- Karen of Little Acrons had Western Europe
- Tommie K. had Australia
Group 2 had…
- me again with the Arctic/Antarctica goodies
- Leann at Montessori Tidbits covered all of North America (itdn’t she sweet?)
- Marina covered South America
- Elly at Child and Me
- Amanda H took care of Africa
- Kerryanne of Earth Friendly Mama handled Asia
- Jendra C was down under with Australia and Oceania
Now for this blog hop everyone that participated (dude…ya’ll need to start bloggin! The blogs are a bit thin up there!!!!) would post about THEIR contribution. So…I’m going to share what I did. 🙂
Basically, we all sent a bunch of electronic materials. Before an almond butter cracker or sandwich or some such met with my burner I would have burnt a cd of the materials I created and included that with the swap. But, welllllll…the cd is on hold while we look into buying a new home computer. I made TONS of 3 part cards of the arctic and antarctic, the flora and fauna, trivia, explorers, clothing, calls and sounds, maps, games, etc. There are also some REALLY cool links and paper piecing projects too.
Now to the fun picture stuff! 🙂 By the way…these are my pics and works. Unless you have gained permission from me you may not use them. Link backs are super cool otherwise and I won’t hunt you down. Remember…Say No To Blogerism!