Pinterest helps everyone from bloggers to brides, gurus to grandmas but..
how does Pinterest work?!
Well, it works with magic, funky chicken dances and lots of technical uga buggas. Totally helpful right? Aren’t you glad such a well educated person is sharing this Pinterest info with you for #BB100? No thanks needed and you’re welcome. 😉
Seriously though Pinterest works through the visual and through the recommendation of another. I actually refer to Pinterest as pornterest because it’s eye candy and ADDICTING…. gloriously so. And, having someone you know or like It’s a big notebook organized with labeled dividers which holds all the pages you’ve
- ripped from a magazine using your handy ruler so you rip it just right
- the list of books to read
- places to see ie the pamphlets you knew you wanted to keep for next time
- all the information you needed to learn but you’re already in the middle of a project or activity
- and don’t forget the copies that were passed out to you at meetings (I was a preschool teacher and we shared great finds.) you’d add in to certain topics/themes.
which you’ll then either begin hole punching, taping or stapling into the specific area of your notebook.
Now, to translate the notebook analogy into Pinterest…
- Pinterest is your notebook.
- Boards are your labeled dividers.
- Magazines where you see all the cool ideas you want to try are all the blogs (like mine!) you read (thank you by the way!).
- Pins are handwritten notes, pamphlets, schedules, places to see, ideas, activities or projects.
- Repinning is the copy you’d have to ask for or would be handed at a meeting.
So, how does Pinterest work?
There’s talk about algorithms and coding and blah, blah, blah but we all know it started with fairies sprinkling happy dust and unicorns drawing rainbows. In the grand scheme of things the main thing is that Pinterest is an amazing way to grow your blog and your business. It’s for men & women and itty bitty little childrn and their children and so on and so forth (movie reference!) to help inspire, find purchases, gifts, connect with others of the same taste and budget and mentality.
Today’s Homework Assignment
- So, go sign up for Pinterest if you haven’t already.
- Then, take a moment and follow me on Pinterest.
- Leave your pinterest account in the comment section. It will look like this when you leave it http://www.Pinterest.com/HoneyRowland and you’ll replace HoneyRowland with your Pinterest name.
- Then, come back tomorrow for additional Pinterest tips as we continue with the #BB100 10 Day Pinterest Challenge.
What questions or thoughts do you have about Pinterest? Or…you answer the question how does pinterest work?
Be sure to check out Part 2 of this 10 part Pinterest Series of the #BB100 Challenge.