Commenting is an easy way to grow your blog with the Boost Your Blog in 100 Days Challenge. It allows you to support what the blogger is writing about which will increase their seo and keywords. And, since you’re linked to that same comment via Comment Luv you’re helping your own seo.
How to write a proper comment?
- Once you’re opened the post notice the title and the picture as that is what pulled you in from the homepage. For the love of all if a hop or link up is how you’ve discovered the blog please don’t comment on the post that’s about the link up or hop.
- As you read ‘pretend’ you’re in a conversation with them and use basic, common decency and manners. Read the whole post before you comment. I’ve seen bonehead comments before on a VERY serious post. You don’t want to leave a “Thanks for stopping by!” or “I’m here from x hop/linky.” or “You’re baby is cute! Follow me back cause I’m following you.” and the post was about an accident and the baby had died. It’s a MINUTE to read a post. Take it.
- Make a mental note as you read about what you found funny or even what irritated you.
- Leave a comment that actually talks about the post, the picture, how the post made you feel but connect in some way. It is rude to say you’re there only because of a hop or link up. Try to include a keyword.
In real life you wouldn’t stand before someone who is sharing with you about x and suddenly say, “I’m here only because I have to.”
um…YIKES! Were you born in a barn?! 😉 Sorry Michelle…that’s not directed at your AWESOME barn house. 😉 Instead consider…”I hate animal testing too (cause that’s what the post with a puppy pic is about). I use to buy cruelty free products until I decided to be more self sufficient and make my own cleaning products.” You can then add, “So glad I found you through the xyz!” but I prefer the hashtag approach.
- Sign your name and if you’d like include the hashtag of the hop/linky beneath it.
- Check for spelling, grammar and typos. See Michelle of Simplify, Live, Love for grammar support.
- If they happen to have comment luv (see below) look through and see if one of your posts match up or compliment theirs and click that one. If not then your newest one.
- And then…publish it.
Easy peasy and you’ve helped another person. So take a moment and get out there and comment on other’s blogs. And, remember…don’t comment on teaser/blog hop posts. Look for something else to comment on. And, while you’re at it…go ahead and click a share button or two on their post. It’s just an extra bit of love and doesn’t take but a second. Oh! Comment Luv…I almost forgot! If you have wordpress this is where you’ll get it. When I left blogger they didn’t have commentluv but I know there’s a version out there. I found this one, but I don’t know if it’s a good one.